Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A PRAYER FOR FIJI....WITH LOVE FROM FIJIANS IN SYDNEY!


Dear Christian Brothers and Sisters,

You dont know ... Dear Christian Brothers and Sisters,You dont know me but I feel truly blessed by His Hand because I have found your blogspot and am able to write to you as a humble servant of Our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ, with a message of Christian fellowship from Sydney!My mission, which I truly believe was His choice, is to convey "A Prayer For Fiji" to the Christians across the archipelo of the Republic of Fiji.First, let me tell you how I first heard "A Prayer For Fiji" recited by my friend and dear neighbour, Sala, who is an old lady who originally comes from Fiji.We were discussing the wonderful promises that Our Dear Lord Jesus Christ made in His Merciful Father's name (John 16:23): "WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK THE FATHER IN MY NAME, HE WILL GIVE IT TO YOU." and again (Matthew 21:22): "AND ALL THINGS, WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN PRAYER, BELIEVING, YE SHALL RECEIVE"!!Then Sala told us she had composed her "Prayer For Fiji" and suddenly we felt the presence of Our Dear Lord, which was an aswesome moment that I'll remember till I die.When Sala recited "A Prayer For Fiji" it was the voice of Our Lord, because it was the Authentic Voice of Love and Forgiveness. Then when I said, 'can I spread this word to our brothers and sisters in Fiji' Sala smiled beautifully and Pastor William proclaimed the plan as 'brilliant idea that would be doing the good work of the Lord'!So I have been guided by His Hand to send you this email with Sala's beautiful words (see below).
Yours sincerly in Christ, Trevor M. Johnson
"Prayer For Fiji
Dear God please bless Fiji!In these difficult times since the soldiers siezed power, our beloved country is suffering in all sorts of ways.Dear God, we know in our hearts that only You in Your Divine ways can help Fiji people overcome these times of unhappiness.So we pray that Your strength and goodness will help us to forgive those men who have acted against the interests of ordinary people.We pray also for the families of the innocent victims of the soldiers violence.Please, Dear Lord, show guidance to Voreqe Bainimarama. Please call him back to the paths of righteousness so that he can do the right thing by the people of Fiji.And if he does do the right thing, we Christians know we must forgive him his sins, just as you, Dear Father, forgive us our sins.Dear Lord, we pray that Your almighty hand will shield Fiji people from further violence and allow them to live in true happiness and decency in a society that respects human rights, the rule of law and Christian values.We ask this in the name of Your Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, Amen."Written by Sala of Sydney, Australia, for the people of Fiji.

Thank you Sala & Trevor for your comments that are worth posting on this blog. Your prayers are much appreciated and I pray that all who read will also pray this prayer in unison with us at this time.

I am Christian and I believe in the power of prayer and the power of God to move mightily in these times. We live in exciting days! Even though our nation seems to be spiralling downwardin terms of economy and finances, this where the power of God is greatest. The Holy Book says when we are weak, thats when He (GOD) is STRONG! AMEN!

I blog for the sake of my sanity.

I blog for the sake of my nation.

I blog for the sake of my God.

I try to keep this blog with a spiritual perspective to everything. I try to bring a little humour when all I want to do is weep! I get abit angry in places.....you could almost visualise the steam from my ears and the snort in my nostrils, the lip curled in aaarrrgghhh! Smiley Shell

Thank you for the encouragement...at least i know that I'm not the lone Christian with Conviction in this battle!

Stay Tuned!





No comments: